Sunday 9 March 2014

Leeds International Artist Book Fair

Today I went to the Leeds International Artist Book Fair at the Tetley. I got to do some exploring, as well as go to a talk with Cafe Royal Press, Spur and Village in which they discussed independent and self publishing. It was an interesting discussion, Cafe Royal Press explained how publications were a more accessible way of displaying art and communicating an artist/photographer's practice. This kind of echoes how I feel about graphic design and why I chose to do it in the first place. It's a more democratic form of creativity, far more accessible than fine art, though I guess that fine art has its place.

I left feeling pretty motivated to crack on with my work after the event, and hope that one day I might get a chance to be a part of something similar. 
  
Somehow went to a book fair and left with everything but books.

No comments:

Post a Comment