Sunday 9 March 2014

Leicester Print Workshop

On Wednesday I went to visit Leicester Print Workshop and despite the difficulties I had getting there and back, it was a pretty sucessful trip. I have organised a placement (only about a year late) with them, but unfortunately due to the fact that the next few months are going to be so busy, I discussed doing the placement with them in summer.
I was given a tour around the studio space, which is jam packed with print equipment of all kinds, including screen printing, lino cut, litho and letterpress. There was an incredible selection of letterpress type, so I'm hoping to shadow the letterpress technician when I go for the placement.
The placement will be two weeks long, and I will be helping out with the actual running of the workshop as opposed to doing my own work. This is really what I want to get out of the placement, as I hope to one day work in or be running my own print workshop and so I need to know how one actually runs and survives.




No comments:

Post a Comment